RCHeliCopterTown Forums
www.rchelicoptertown.com
Welcome to RCHelicopterTown Forum! Register and participate in forum discussions!

Go Back   RCHeliCopterTown Forums > Admin & Announcement Center > Member Introduction & Discussion
FAQDonate Glossary Home Forum Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Member Introduction & Discussion This forum is for our new members to introduce themself or to discuss anything about themself.

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 70 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Donate to support this site...

» Site Navigation
» Home
 > FAQ
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsor Links
» Online Users: 19
0 members and 19 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 421, 12-03-2010 at 08:01 PM.
» Stats
Members: 46,611
Threads: 3,515
Top Poster: swatson144 (5,296)
Welcome to our newest member, immitswat
» Today's Birthdays
None

Old 04-07-2012
Value Member

hello from st helens england

hello everyone , im alan orrigionaly from liverpool but now re located to st helens about 15 mile from liverpool .

ive been inyerested in rc stuff all my life and never had the time or money to get into aircraft , now i have time and have poured money into aircraft since october , the story about heli,e breeding appears to be true thats my excuse anyway .

ive had a nightmare of a time with helis so far mainly because of good old walkera ( i know better now ) ;-) , i currently have 5 heli,s and a cessna plane , i have a syma chinook small 20 thing that was my first buy , then got a silverlight thing its modeled on a helicopter gun ship with a built in camera on the front of it ( doner for later ) i then bought ( STUPIDLY ) a walkera 68b off ebay 170 supposidly new , it has never flown and possibly never will , the battery exploded when charging it from new , the TX  went into complete meltdown when i plugged the charger into it , replaced the battery and radio and the heli striped the main gear ( where its at now ) , well trying to source parts for it is like finding hens teeth or rocking horse doo doo , ive found out through variouse heated emails with walkera in china that all parts on walkera 60 , wk 400 creata are interchangable and they have just released a new creata and batch of spares ( all availabl from helipal ) , when stripping it down to see what the problem was the 1 way bearing had locked itself up and damadged the sleeve that sits between the 1 way bearing and main shaft , also i belive there called wash out arms where tight and snagging so it would never have flown anyway . complete piece of chit .

anyway when the 68b died the death i bought a v120d02 , dogs knackers in ali flight case with wk-2801 pro TX  , 15 sets of blades 10 batteries , charger , training kit and generaly loads of spares off ebay for 350 , the day i got it i was hovering few inches off ground and my nephew claimed to have flown loads of helis and said take it up and fly it ( i wanted to master the hover ) , i left room and came in to find nephew playing with it just hovering above ground and as i walked in he chit himself and sent it straight at me at speed , yep it went straight through my jeans just below knee and drew blood , not bothered about my knee my 10 minute old v120d02 was now complete wreck , main shaft main grear tail gears washout arms all on route from shenzhen china as i bash away .

was bored one day and this is and has allways been my 1 ambition and im doing it , i have bought a trex600n pro off ebay brand new the lad i got it off built it from scratch and its all carbon fibre frame boom blades ect , all top servos and a dx7 TX  , flight case with electric fuel pump and loads of spares charger ect all top of range gear , it cost him 1150 to build and it has never left the ground it really has never been flown , the lad i got it off was obviously millionair with few porches on drive and money was no object to him .

anyway to the next part of my ambition and plan im buying a funkey airwolf fuselage in next week or so from lhc in birmingham its only about 140 for the unpainted version , im fom an engineering background so the paint or fabrication electronics or anything else doesent bother me i have all the time in the world to build this and its not going to be a quick build as im building a workshop first ;-) , going to have fun doing this and thats what its all about .

by way i have had phoenix SIM  since december and can fly most of the aircraft on there , i need to put radio into my cessna and get the camera fitted to play around with that its only a 110 electric one , spare spectrum reciver and im going to use my dx7 to fly it , loads of toys to play with to keep me occupied for next few years .

anyway thats me and what im up to , ill do a bit of a write up on re build of the 68b and the v120do02 as ive took loads of hd pics of the v120 , the 68b is going to be a basher for my first outdoor flights as ive ordered 2 of everything that breaks ,

anyways glad to be here and if anyone is local as in manchester/ liverpool / st helens areas say hello , TC  all alan.
Old 11-10-2012
Value Member

hello bro i am arshad

Last edited by arshadkoda; 11-10-2012 at 11:58 AM.